Sunday, June 11, 2006

Recent movies

A while ago, I joined Blockbuster's movie rental program (like NetFlicks), so I could start watching the movies that everyone kept recommending to me. I recently watched "Dead Again". Yeah, yeah, I know I don't normally watch thrillers (except Shyamalan), but I've been broadening my tastes lately. I found it to be a compelling suspense movie. There were very few "jump" moments (which I hate anyway) and I really enjoyed the process of discovering the "bad guy". My only complaint is that I've been spoiled lately with Shyamalan's twist endings (and by the fantastic ending to "The Skeleton Key"). In contrast, the ending of "Dead Again" was a standard knock-down, drag-out fight with a gruesome finish. Somehow I expected something more after all of the suspenseful build-up.

I also just finished watching "Crash" (the Best Picture winner for last year). That was an incredible movie, but it's very intense. Kristin has absolutely no interest in it whatsoever. I'll recommend it for Bill and Paul, just so I'll have someone to talk with about it. Randy would absolutely hate it, even if he gives it some credit for it's "portrayal of redemption" (or something like that). Chris and Todd would probably enjoy it too, from a film-making perspective.

No comments: