Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Fathers' Day

I wanted to wish a Happy Fathers' Day to all you fathers, but especially to my Dad and to my brother-in-law Travis (who's celebrating his first Fathers' Day with his son Samuel).

I received some really nice gifts today. First, Kristin gave me two t-shirts (one for me, and one for Kathryn). They're both very cute!

And then Kathryn went back to her room and came back with a little package. Inside was a finger-painted card, and a square ceramic tile. On the tile was painted, "Father's Day 2006" and "Kathryn 4 years", along with Kathryn's handprint. It's really cute, and as it turns out, Kristin was just as surprised as I was! Last Sunday, when Jessica came over to babysit, Jessica brought a bunch of crafts materials from home (she calls it her "Babysitting Activity Box"). Apparently, she and Kathryn made my Fathers' Day gift that night! Jessica is the best baby-sitter in the history of the world! Kathryn not only kept it a secret from me, but she didn't even tell Kristin, so it was a very successful surprise.

No comments: