Thursday, June 22, 2006

More movie music

Well, the soundtrack for the new Superman movie was released on iTunes yesterday. As many of you know, the music can either make or break a movie for me. John Williams is not doing the music for this Superman movie. But I am happy to report that the new composer (John Ottman) has kept many of his themes intact, while adding enough new music to keep it sounding fresh. One of the big problems with the music in Superman 2, 3, and 4 was that they just jammed Williams' original score all over the place, even if it didn't fit. This music sounds great for the new movie.

Unfortunately, I'm falling headlong into the classic trap of expecting too much from a movie. I'll have to read some really negative reviews to bring my expectations down to a reasonable level before opening night (June 27 at 10:00 p.m.) Kristin has graciously allowed me to go (probably with Randy) on opening night. We'll see if Bryan Singer can pull off yet another great superhero movie.

No comments: