Friday, June 16, 2006

New Baby Howk

As many of you already know, according to the ultrasound technician, our new baby (due on October 23) is a girl. Of course, this prediction isn't 100% certain, but that's what we've been told. Kristin and I have been tossing names around at each other, but we have yet to come up with anything definite. We're not sure yet if we're going to reveal the name before the baby's born anyway (unless one of us slips up), so you'll all just have to be patient. :-)

I've only caught myself talking to the baby once (and that was only after a friend asked me if I was "the type to talk to (the) little baby before she is born"). I'm not sure why we haven't talked to this baby as much as we did to Kathryn. Perhaps, before Kathryn was born, our life was much simpler. Maybe we unconsciously believe that having this second child won't be as "life-changing" as having Kathryn. Of course, it's been said that the second child is often a bigger adjustment than the first child. Who knows? Maybe we'll start talking to her more frequently as the due date approaches.

No comments: