Monday, June 26, 2006

An Evening With Kathryn

I love driving anywhere with Kathryn. She's always great entertainment, even just sitting in the backseat. Today, driving back and forth from Spring Hill Mall, we played: Pirates, I Spy, "Rock, Paper, Scissors" (not as hard to play while driving as you might imagine).

And some strange kind of drama involving her play kitchen utensils: Forky Fork, Spoonie Spoon, Sarah Spatula, and The Sun/Nightstar (a pizza cutter which looks like a small sun with a handle). I keep telling her that Nightstar sounds like a superhero name, but she doesn't believe me.

Oh, and we also discussed which was faster: a cheetah, or a car. Because I'm too analytical, I first had to clarify whether we were talking about the maximum speed for both, or if we were comparing the cheetah's top speed with the car's more usual 40 mph. Fortunately, because Kathryn's also too analytical, she actually kept up with the discussion. We finally agreed that a car can move faster than a cheetah, but that a cheetah can run faster than an average car driving in the city. And we briefly considered Mommy's NASCAR cars... and decided that they were way too fast for a cheetah!

Finally, she decided that her "imaginary sister" was going to be start repeating everything Kathryn said. I finally had to put a stop to it when she said, "Daddy, tell my sister to stop repeating me!" Then, in a higher voice, "Daddy, tell my sister to stop repeating me!" I didn't think we'd have to deal with sibling conflict until she actually had a sibling! I guess I was wrong!

1 comment:

Jorisan said...

I'm glad you had fun.

Hah! I got it to work! Finally. :)