Sunday, June 11, 2006

The first post

This is mostly just an experiment. I didn't want to take the time or effort to create my own Web site from scratch (I'll leave that for Jeff's upcoming site). So I found blogger.com and here I am.

Yesterday we had a full day. After the guys' small group in the morning, Kathryn and I drove up to the Milwaukee County Zoo. Kristin made us some sandwiches, gave us some chips, and sent us on our way. Last year the "Big Cats" exhibit was closed for renovation, but it's there this year. We saw one lion roaring for his supper, and a tiger pacing back and forth behind the glass. The tiger really creeped me out: with all the little kids resting on the glass, it looked like the tiger was right on top of them!

Kathryn's favorite animal(s) in the zoo this time were the birds that we saw in the "Birds of Prey" theater. She really got a kick out of watching the birds fly directly over our heads.

After that, we came home to get Kristin so we could go to the McHenry Drive-In theater to watch the new Pixar movie, "Cars". It was the first drive-in theater experience for both Kathryn and Kristin. Randy and Amber also joined us. Kathryn fell asleep for the last fifteen minutes of the movie, and none of us (except Randy) wanted to stay for the second feature ("Shaggy Dog"). So we took Amber home, and then carted Kathryn into bed.

Tonight we've got a baby-sitter all lined up so Kristin and I can join the group at Jeff and Christy's place for "Game Night". Should be a blast!

No comments: