Sunday, August 06, 2006

Kathryn to Iowa

Kathryn stayed with Grandma and Grandpa Mitchell in Iowa this weekend. We chose the Culvers in Rock Falls, IL as our meeting place (since it's roughly two hours from both McHenry and Iowa City). I don't have many details, but I know she went to the Childrens' Museum, to a Hooverball game (don't ask), to a concert, and to some fireworks. She also "helped" to prepare the communion for Sunday morning.

OK; I just got some details. She's supposed to be asleep, but she came into the computer room as I was typing. She wanted to show me a "pinch" on her hand. I guess she was racing somewhere with Grandma, and she (somehow) pinched her hand in the closet door (I think). I just typed in what she told me, so here it is:
I had my hand out. I was trying to stop myself from sliding so I wouldn't get pinched. I didn't want to get pinched, which means I didn't want to get hurt. But I got pinched anyway. And Grandma decided to put ice on it, but that made it hurt even more! It must have been a really tough pinch if putting ice on it made it hurt even more.
So there you have it. Straight from Kathryn herself. Now she's going to go show Mommy her "tough pinch".

No comments: