Wednesday, September 27, 2006

My long absence

Well, I haven't written in this thing for a long time. We've been trapped in "false labor pains" for a while now, and it's starting to wear us down a bit. Since Kristin's only in her 36th week, we're praying for the baby to wait just a bit longer. But the doctor seems to think that Kristin will deliver "any day now", and every contraction makes us wonder if "it's time".

So I haven't had time to write in my blog for a while. Every time I get a spare moment, I'm either spending time with Kristin, Kathryn, Randy, or Bill. When I'm not spending time with friends and family, I relax by fighting the Nazis in Company of Heroes. In fact, I'm about to go play that game right now (it's very therapeutic). So I haven't had much time for writing in my blog.

But over the last couple weeks, we've done a couple of interesting things. Kathryn and I went to the Enchanted Castle again, attended Amethyst's third birthday party, and went to the Rockford Children's Museum / Discovery Center. I've seen several movies (Hollywoodland, Flyboys, The Royal Tenenbaums, and Searching for Bobby Fischer). We're still thoroughly enjoying our time at AWANA. And I've started to teach Kathryn how to play Monopoly.

Normally, each of those topics would be an entry in itself, but I'm not really in the mood to write tonight. Instead I'm gonna go push the Germans out of Cherbourg. Good night!

No comments: