Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Pride and Prejudice

The latest DVD to arrive in the mail was the new version of "Pride and Prejudice". I probably wouldn't have even considered watching it... except that Keira Knightley starred in it. But I actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would. It had some very snappy dialog, and more than a little humor. I was pleasantly surprised that Dame Judi Dench was also in the movie. I always enjoy listening to her: she's got a tough, no-nonsense delivery that adds that little extra edge to all of her dialog.

The story seemed relatively straight-forward, so I'm sure they cut out a lot of detail from the book. Of course, never having read the novel, I have no idea what they changed in the movie. Still, even though it's a romance, I really enjoyed it.

No comments: