Saturday, May 03, 2008

I'm back

Now that several friends have started blogs of their own, I've got the itch to update mine a bit. It's been almost exactly one year since I posted anything here... I barely remember how this thing works!

So I'll start slowly. I posted some pictures on my Facebook page so you can see how much the kids have grown in the last year.

The first set is from our Cooking Night. Kathryn and I made our Shepherd's Pie together while Becca played on the toy horse.

The second set is from Kathryn's last swimming class. It's amazing how far she's come in eight weeks. Originally she wouldn't even lower herself into the pool. But now, though she's still scared, at least she overcomes her fear and swims anyway. I was a little concerned myself when on the first day of class the instructor put Kathryn and the rest of the Level 1 swimmers at the deep end (12 feet), while the other swimmers stayed at four feet! The instructor pointed out that kids learn better when they have absolutely no chance of touching the bottom. I was not relieved, but at least I understood her rationale. I attended the first class and the last class. Kathryn was so terrified during her first class that it took all my willpower not to run in and "save" her. We decided that it was best if I just stayed away for the rest of the classes. So I didn't come back until her last class so she could show me what she'd learned. :-)


1 comment:

Grandpa H. said...

CONGRATULATIONS KATHRYN!!

I'm very proud of you, jumping into the deep end of the pool.

Keep up the good work with your swimming lessons.

Love..Grandpa H.